Furniture Guide for New Home Owners
You’ve just invested in a new home, or maybe you’re planning to buy a new one. In addition to getting all your finances in place for the purchase, you may also be considering how to budget for all the furniture you would need to complete your new home.
This can be quite an overwhelming experience when you start to consider the different rooms that would need furniture and the budget that will be required for it. We are one of the leading furniture stores in Las Vegas and offer modern, stylistic pieces at very cost-effective pricing compared to most other companies in the region.
Aspects to Keep in Mind While Buying Furniture
We strongly believe that elegance, quality, and aesthetics need not come with a high price tag. Here is a guide for new homeowners from the experts at Jubilee Furniture. Some things to take into consideration when choosing furniture for your new home include:
1. Your Budget
The amount of money you spend on furniture is one of the primary aspects you need to keep in mind. This is especially relevant when you have invested or are planning on investing in a new home. When it comes to furniture, you will encounter a wide variety of quality, styling and price tags.
If you don’t make your furniture purchases wisely, you can easily go over-budget or even find that your home is under-furnished. One of the best ways to keep on track with your furniture budget is to plan and research. Aside from this, you can also focus on purchasing the larger furniture before you pick up the smaller pieces.
The big-ticket items such as the beds, couches, sectionals etc. are the ones you should be budgeting for first. Once you have all these in place, you can then allocate a budget for accent pieces, sectionals, recliners, end tables, and loungers etc. In fact, it’s a good idea to go easy on all these other pieces, and you can always purchase them later as well.
2. Coordination and Personal Styling
Every homeowner will have very specific requirements when it comes to designing and planning a home and the features in it. The furniture, as well as the rest of the decor, will be a reflection of your personal styling. This makes it important to conduct a certain amount of research in order to identify which pieces will fit in perfectly with the overall aesthetic of your home. For instance, if you prefer a more modernistic style, it would be a good idea to ensure that most of the furniture pieces in your home are designed and structured on sleek and clean lines.
Coordination is important as well, and you need to ensure that the same theme and concept is carried through all the rooms in your home. If you choose modern style furniture for your living room and then buy rustic styled furniture for the bedrooms, or even the dining room, that can mar the overall aesthetic of your house. This is why you need to consider which style would work best for you. Some of the different home design styles include:
- Contemporary – This is a blend of traditional & modern elements, and uses understated ornamentation and clean and classic lines.
- Modern – Smooth finishes, simplistic and clean lines, and unique materials are hallmarks of modern styling.
- Traditional – This style is characterized by very classical designs and has strong French, Italian or Victorian, country influences.
- Transitional – A perfect blend of contemporary and classical elements but without geometric patterns or excessive ornamentation.
- Bohemian – This relaxed and carefree style is centered on comfort and uses a combination of textiles; the furniture will have vintage touches.
- Rustic Modern – A blend of modern design concepts and rustic accents and effects, makes this a very stunning style that looks great in contemporary as well as modern styled homes. Rustic modern furniture makes use of sustainable wood and lacks ornamentation, but the pieces are stunning in every way.
- Eclectic – This is essentially a blend of all the styles. When used in a balanced manner, it can be a true reflection of the homeowner’s personal preferences and styling choice.
When you go furniture shopping, if you have spotted a piece that you really fancy, you can easily make that the focal point of your room. Use the styling as inspiration for the rest of the furniture that you purchase for that room. This would help create a comfortable place that you’d love to use every day.
3. Plan the Space Well
In addition to finding the right type of furniture styling, the other challenging aspect of buying the right pieces for your home is to identify the sizes that fit your space well. Over sized furniture will only overwhelm the room and eventually, you will regret the purchase. Likewise, furniture that is very small or dainty can become lost in a larger room, if the rest of the pieces don’t balance it out well.
- If you are starting with spaces that are completely empty, the blank slate offers a distinct advantage. Use a measuring tape and note the dimensions of all the rooms.
- If you have some existing furniture that you are moving from an older house, you need to keep this in mind while purchasing your new furniture.
- Make markings on the rough plans of each room, where the older furniture will be placed. This will give you a clearer idea of how much additional space you have and which pieces of furniture you need to purchase.
Make the Right Furniture Choice
Going through the process in a methodical manner is one of the best ways to ensure that you aren’t saddled with furniture you don’t need. It will also help prevent you from buying pieces that don’t fit into the aesthetic of the space.
For any more information or assistance with picking furniture and to identify what will work perfectly in your new house, it’s a good idea to contact experts at Jubilee Furniture. We offer a wide range of mattresses, accent pieces, dining sets, patio furniture, sofa sets and more. You are sure to find something that suits your requirements and fits into your budget. We also offer free local delivery across Las Vegas.
- Getty Jiang